Williamson Bros. Realty & Auction Co., Inc. is headquartered in Athens, Georgia.
We sell both Real Estate Properties & Personal Property by Traditional selling methods &/or the Accelerated Marketing Auction method.
Our Real Estate sales include Residential, Commercial/Industrial, Farms, Land, Lake, & Mountain Properties. Personal Property sales include business liquidations, surplus material & inventory, antiques, restaurant & supermarket equipment, farm & construction equipment, antique to late model vehicles, estates, coins, firearms & even a pair of water buffalo.
Williamson Bros. has conducted sales & auctions for individuals, estates, business owners, Executors/Administrators, receivers, attorneys, Financial Institutions, Bankruptcy Court Trustees, & local Governments.
Our customized aggressive marketing program combines the latest technologies online at multiple well-known websites, our Event Alerts e-Newsletter (with thousands of individuals requesting sign-up!), our website, phone technologies, newsprint/publications, & flyers/direct mail.
About Sam Williamson REALTOR®, Auctioneer
Sam Williamson, Owner & President/CEO of Williamson Bros. Realty & Auction Co., Inc., is a licensed professional REALTOR®& Auctioneer, & is a Personal Property Appraiser. Committed to excellence in providing quality services that exceed Customer expectations, Sam’s goal is to have highly satisfied Customers who recommend & refer his services.
Sam’s professional style accommodates any Real Estate property traditional sale, as well as auction multiple venues, but always includes his over 25 years of expertise as a REALTOR® & Auctioneer! His events are effective for Seller goals of obtaining top market value, as well as relaxing, informative, & even fun for the crowd. Attendees compliment his friendly, compelling personality, clear upbeat bid-calling, that’s interspersed with entertaining commentary to keep audiences alert.
At only 21 years of age, after attending UGA & teaching at a local middle school, Sam founded his Lock & Key business in Athens, Georgia, which is now celebrating over 48 years in business. After becoming a REALTOR® & Auctioneer, Sam turned over operations of Clarke County Lock & Key, Inc. to his brother Allen in order to devote his knowledge & expertise full time in his Real Estate & Auctioning career.
Having sold Real Estate & conducted Auctions & Estate Sales in the Southeast & nationwide, Sam has honed his selling, auction skills & knowledge of the business. He developed a successful, unique Real Estate business model that drew the attention of both the Real Estate & Auction professions! Additionally, Sam has sold a wide variety of Personal & Business Property giving Sam the experience in valuating antiques, art, collectibles, furniture, coins, firearms, construction equipment, vintage vehicles & much more!
Sam’s strong work ethic, generosity, & kindness has gained community recognition & respect. Whether a large multi-parcel Real Estate event or small estate, a benefit event or other services, he is committed to providing the best possible result for the Seller.
Credentials & Designations
- Licensed REALTOR® in the State of Georgia
- Licensed Auctioneer in Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, & Virginia
- Graduate of Certified Auctioneers Institute
- Graduate of Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate
- Graduate Personal Property Appraiser, 2016
- USPAP Certified (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) 2016
- Expert Witness in the Courts, National Auctioneers Association
- Georgia Auctioneers Association 2009 Bid Calling Champion
Recognition & Service
- Real Estate Phoenix Award recognizing Ten Years Annual Sales Achievement Awards through 2021.
- Inducted into the Georgia Auctioneers Association HALL OF FAME in 2018.
- Athens Area Association of REALTORS® Inaugural Hometown Hero – August 2014, which recognizes everyday heroes of the Athens Area who make the community a better place to live through their service to it.
- Athens Area Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Award, 2013.
- Auction services to numerous community/non-profit organizations for fundraising & has helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for their causes.
- Chairman of the Board 2003 – 2004, President 2002 – 2003, Georgia Auctioneers Association (GAA), served on Board of Directors total of 10 years.
- Multi-Year Multi-Million Dollar Real Estate Sales Achievements Recognitions & Awards.
Professional Memberships & Professional Education
- Member of National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Member of National Auctioneers Association (NAA)
- Member of Georgia Association of REALTORS® (GAR)
- Member of Georgia Auctioneers Association (GAA)
- Member of Athens Area Association of REALTORS® (AAAR)
- Graduate of the Missouri School of Auctioneering
- Graduate of the Certified Appraisers Guild
- Prestige Designation of CAI, University of Indiana
- Bilingual Auctioneer Training, World-Wide College of Auctioneering
- Ongoing Continuing Education for REALTORS®, & Auctioneers to be able to offer his best as a professional.
Sam’s goal is to provide the best services available in using either traditional or accelerated marketing auction methods in marketing both Real Estate &/or Personal Property. Through education, involvement in industry. & personal improvement, he is able to offer his best as a professional REALTOR® & Auctioneer.